“Once a year go to some place you’ve never been before.”
~ Dalai Lama
Sri Lanka, a jewel shaped island nation in the Laccadive Sea, stood true to everything in its name.
Our trip to Sri Lanka turned out be an unexpected surprise. Beautiful beaches, diverse landscapes and friendly locals – These three definitely set it apart from any other place.
The landscapes range from huge green tea fields of the hill country through to the much warmer and peaceful beaches of the south with old forts. To complete it all, wildlife safaris and rich traditions thrown in, don’t underestimate how much time you will need to explore Ceylon, the present Sri Lanka. With so much to offer, you may have to either extend your holiday plan or selectively travel to the places you wish to experience. We traveled along the central, south and south west of the island and were mesmerized by the beautiful panoramas.
Our Sri Lanka Guide
- Know more about how to plan a perfect trip to Sri Lanka (best time to visit, visa process, transportation and getting around, what to wear and indicative costs).
- Sri Lanka has so much to offer. A suggestive 9 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary can be found here.
- A train journey in this island nation is a must to explore its lush green beauty. Refer our Guide to world famous Sri Lanka train ride.
- Sri Lanka has a mix of simple bnb’s to boutique hotels to lavish resorts. Refer our accommodation experience.
- Sri Lankan food is one of the most delicious cuisines and has a lot of options for vegetarians. Refer our vegetarian food experience.
We can vouch for the fact that one trip is not enough to soak in the goodness of this enchanting land of Sri Lanka. Whether you’re on a family holiday or a trip with friends or travelling solo, this country has something for everyone.
With beaches to swim and surf, spiritual places to meditate, Sri Lanka is a land of bustling cities, secluded tea fields, home to wild elephants and leopards, pristine beaches with undaunted marine life and picturesque sunsets. All this and more definitely makes this island the ‘Pearl of the Indian Ocean’.
Are you planning a trip to Sri Lanka or have you been to Sri Lanka before? Think something’s missing? Do let us know you’re experience and/or suggestions in the comments below. If you want to ask us any questions about the blog to visit in Sri Lanka or need advice on what to do in Sri Lanka, ask us in the comments below.
© Wandernationals, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Wandernationals.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.